When it comes to debt management, you should take advantage of every financial tool and form of support available. Banks and other creditors most certainly use every advantage they have when determining your creditworthiness. Why shouldn’t the average citizen do the same?
Our lawyers handle both debt management and bankruptcy, so it is easy enough to get professional advice concerning what is best for your situation and which route you should take. When times are financially difficult, a debt management lawyer may be just what you need to save your finances.
Knowledge of Applicable Credit Laws
Most people are confused about the laws that govern credit and finances. With a debt management lawyer on your side, you don’t have to worry about misunderstanding all of the credit laws. Your lawyer can explain what creditors can and cannot legally do so that you can handle and deal with each account appropriately. We can also clear up any misconceptions you may have when it comes to the laws that place limits on creditor efforts. For information about foreclosure defense and other debt management concerns, click here.
Professional Support on Your Side
One of the most common tactics that creditors use is intimidation. Legally, they cannot make threats against your person, but they can and do make threats concerning what their next legal and financial steps will be, all of which can cause consumers a great deal of worry and stress.
For the average person, debt management can be an overwhelming process, even if it is in the form of one or two phone calls per week. Your lawyer won’t be so easily intimidated, and your creditor might take a whole new view based on the details below:
- The presence of a lawyer tells creditors that debtors are serious about taking action.
- The fact that you already hired a lawyer may make your creditors think you are on the verge of bankruptcy, which may in turn cause them to be more open to possibilities in terms of payment structures.
- When an agreement is made, your lawyer will make sure that the creditors follow through with their end of the bargain, including listing accounts as closed rather than charged off.
- Your lawyer can negotiate better terms and lower payments.
- Debt management lawyers can let you know the best way to proceed based on your best interests, not the creditors’ best interests.
Help from a Debt Management Lawyer
The biggest advantage of relying on a lawyer for debt management is that you can benefit from our many years of education and experience. While you may have lost control of your debts and payments, we can help you understand the process better so you don’t find yourself in the same financial situation again. We can also help you determine the best path forward for your situation, whether it’s making changes to manage debt or filing bankruptcy. To discuss debt management and bankruptcy questions with our lawyers, call (813) 940-5120 for a free initial consultation.
Please share this post online if you know someone who needs the assistance of a lawyer for managing debt.